International book project (with contest)
Art Book ‘Art in Dialogue with Nature – Homage to Daniel Defoe and Antoni Gaudi’
(Book series: LOUNGE 2 – volume VII)
Editor: Kurt Ries
170th birthday of Antoni Gaudi / 360th birthday of Daniel Defoe
No limitation on size, style, medium and subject for your works of art, but the topic should be related to the title of the book (according to your absolutely free interpretation).
Since you are invited, your participation is guaranteed!
“Only the world of reality has its limits, while the world of the imagination is boundless.” (J.-J. Rousseau)
You may use Google Translate in the sidebar. (Die deutschsprachigen Teilnahmebedingungen können per E-Mail erfragt werden!)
With one image you can present your work on a full page. I need up to three artworks (jpg files). The book has the character of a beautiful gift book with art and lyrical poems. It will be bilingual (English as the first language plus German): EXAMPLE (sample book)
Please send first an email before you pay: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for payment: October 31, 2021
JPEG-images can be sent until the end of March 2022.
The places in the book are limited! You can reserve your page(s) by paying the entry fee.
- Reduced fee: EUR 139 for one of your artworks on a full page (instead of EUR 155, because of the Corona situation).
Additional images: Please see item PAYMENT in the rules!
Please read carfully the respective current rules Part 1, item PAYMENT. Payment must be made to Kurt Ries. Please use the right email address with Paypal and also the right bank account number!
Please help to avoid mistakes! Read the samples carefully and register in the same way.
Here you can download the entire invitation:
- Rules of the book project with the PARTS 1, 2, 3
You can copy the text for Google Translate. To make sure you understand everything, please compare with the English text!
Included in the fee:
- A printed art gift book will be published, with your page and one selected artwork, indicating your website address (if desired).
- An art slogan (bilingual) for each artwork, an entertaining foreword and poems, selected by the editor.
- The artist receives the simple right of use of the book (worldwide) for an unlimited period of time.
- Participation in the contest for the book design awards.
See also our free services (the link below)!
You confirm your participation with your payment. It means you have read, understood and agree to the rules and conditions.
The beauty of art and poetry give people courage, hope and confidence! Thank you for your participation!
1. REGISTRATION, PAYMENT, AWARDS (See PART 1 of our Rules!)
All payments, questions and information please only to Kurt Ries!
All information should be sent directly in your email text:
1) I need your address (decisive for your payment) and your current website address, if there.
2) Please rename your jpg images with the following file name:
(your first and last name number country – without comma!)
Pablo Picasso 1 France.jpg
Pablo Picasso 2 France.jpg
Pablo Picasso 3 France.jpg
If you order more page, please send us more images!
Pablo Picasso 4 France.jpg
Pablo Picasso 5 France.jpg
Pablo Picasso 6 France.jpg
3) Please rank the artworks according to your preference! Artwork information should be exactly in the following format:
First and Last name Number of the picture, Country, Title, Year, Technique, Size in cm
(example: Pablo Picasso 1 France, Portrait, 2013, oil on Canvas, 80 x 100 cm)
There are up to 3 artworks needed (an image of each piece to be sent as a jpg file of approx. 3,000 to 4,000 KB), out of which will be selected one. One side of the image file must be 20 cm long by 300 dpi.
Please send your address and the information of your artworks together with your images to the following email address: email@example.com
Alternatively (if the emails not arrive):
PART 2 + PART 3 OF OUR RULES:
2. ABOUT THE BOOK (See PART 2 of the Rules!)
The bilingual book will be printed in soft and hardcover (21 x 21 cm). Artists can buy copies of the printed book at a reduced author price. No compulsory purchase! No print copies are included in the cost to publish. Please see the Author’s Price section! Regarding distribution please click on the links included!
3. COPYRIGHT (See PART 3 of the Rules!)
By paying the fee, the artist acquires the right to use the book as specified in a special contract, which comes into force when it is signed by the artist. The copyright and other rights of artwork use remain with the artist. The works are, therefore, freely available to the artist!
Data protection: Your information is used to publish the pictures, for our own contact with you and payment transaction.